What I'm Reading

After a busy week in my non-writing life, with a Landcare meeting and a Landcare World Environment Day function, family visiting from the north and south, I am gearing myself up for another push writing fiction. The final three chapters of Srese Kerr's first instalment, in particular.

Usually when I'm writing, I don't read a lot of fiction. Hence there are a lot of non fiction books lying around, with bookmarks in them or face down on the pages where I'm up to.

Jeff Vandermeer's Booklife I've been dipping into here and there in the odd bits of time I've been having while waiting for appointments.

Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis by Al Gore (2009) was on special at my local bookshop. It's another thing to read in odd minutes. Lots of good info pertaining. Maps and charts and photos.

I read Deep Survival by Laurance Gonzales (2005) every couple of years for the great descriptions of survival stories, as well as the reasons why other people in the same situations didn't make it.

And I'm reading again the sections of Your Home Technical Manual appropriate to the renovations I'm planning.

Tim Flannery's Here On Earth has also been keeping me busy and inspired.

The Writers of the Future, Volume 27 is my fiction treat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongrel: Callum's Passing

Mongrel: When 1 + 1 + 1 = 2

The Half Shaman in Space: Waking Again