Not the Alien You're Thinking of ...

I've been calling my alien 'the monster' to signify how different it is from that other extremely well-known alien. Hence Monster-Moored.

The second reviewer of my Online Writers Workshop submission, Chapters 1-3, asked a handful of questions about the characteristics of my alien though he called it a 'mysterious alien entity'. Enough that I went searching back for my first notes.

First on the computer. Documents. Spent a couple of hours searching through what seems like everything I've ever written. Relabelling. Reformatting files and directories. A good clean-up. Finding amazing stuff I'd forgotten I had. Or I knew I still had, but not where.

Forgetting to write what I should have. The article in another of my stories. Mea culpa.

I printed some out and bull-dog clipped it together. Earth Fall, the beginning. Enough material for a whole other novel. A prequel it will have to be, to Monster-Moored. I remember now that ten years ago when I first had that idea, I thought I'd need to be old to know how it felt, to be able to write it convincingly.
Not This Old
This morning I searched for missing links, the pieces of paper with scribbled notes that I keep if I haven't typed them out yet. Somewhere. Added some of them to the new bull-clip file. And started another file with a particularly interesting scene, for Part Three.

A big reason for these goings on is also having to keep ahead of the builders with getting stuff out of their way. Stage III is imminent. The rear third of the house will be unusable.

Upshot of it all is of course that I'd better get my skates on and get on with the writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongrel: Callum's Passing

Mongrel: When 1 + 1 + 1 = 2

The Half Shaman in Space: Waking Again