Stories I'm Living

This morning I counted up all the stories (things, projects) I'm involved with or in at the moment. Thirteen!!! Far too many, I know. Top of my list were the two crit groups, one online and in the raw. Probably at the top because today is the in-the-raw meet and I still need to prepare something. My conscience pulled them to the fore.

Paver path fearlessly striding over the swamp
Next were the two W-I-P I'm working on. One that I'm having critiqued at the Online Writers Workshop, so it's an edit. The second work is a first draft. I'm writing fragments, where and when they appear in my mind. This is where serviettes, old envelopes with shopping lists on the front and dockets from the hardware store come into play. 

Ceramics, I took home two half tiles, 30 cm x 15 cm each to paint up during the week. Three coats of orange. three coats of yellow. The design is the sun shining benignly over the local landscape, the work to be mounted above the roller door into the garage.

The Build, as I call it, where as Admin, I'm meant today to be attending to some outstanding paperwork.

The House itself needs cleaning up, tidying, dishes need washing, the kitchen needs TLC (tender loving care). I was in the kitchen a couple of minutes ago to prepare some lunch. Maybe later, I decided. Shouldn't take more than about half-an-hour.

What I did do was pack my tools away in preparation for the Build to consume the back of the house. It took four hours because inevitably, other things have to be done first. And they too have to be preceded by other things. They need more time still, because in their new temporary lodging they need to be sprayed against rust and spiders.

Large spider among tools


The Backyard calls with the next instalment of cobbles and the cry of the grass needing to be mown. It looks like rain again. I'm guessing there won't be time for any pavers to be laid. The grass ... maybe.

Blogs, this one and my fungi group blog, at http://calderafungi.blogspot.com 

The Expression of Interest for a grant I was doing for Brunswick Valley Landcare. Avery frustrating time of me trying to email it to a friend for vetting. I think I need a new email address.

My Fungi Project I assuaged with a blog post. Address and link above.

My Health. You would think I'd keep that at the top of the list, not near the bottom. Exercise in particular. I'm not too worried about missing my jogging on my mini-tramp as I must have walked four or five kilometres in the backyard this morning. It feels like it.

Finally my story, The Harrowing, published on Smashwords. I counted 23 downloads of the sample. One sale. I rejigged the labels then read Mark Coker's blog about Smashwords, reasons for such 'slow' sales. I'll probably look into getting a professionally designed cover.

RH, builder is here. Negotiating the drive. I must be away.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongrel: Callum's Passing

Mongrel: When 1 + 1 + 1 = 2

The Half Shaman in Space: Waking Again