The Art and Craft and Use of Reposting

Element of graffiti on Mullumbimby Watertower, not my own work

photo by R de Heer
As anyone in the game of creating knows, it is not possible to post one's own work one hundred percent of the time. Sometimes, to keep up the conversation in whichever of the arenas we're interested in, it is necessary to repost other people's thoughts, writings, ideas, artwork and music. Of course well-referenced - I am not discussing plagiarism here.

Sometimes you are working on a 20 000 word story that you don't want to interrupt longer than you have to. Sometimes someone else says what you're trying to say so much better than you can, you'd rather give them the chair. Sometimes you want to share some of your reading elsewhere for whatever purpose. Sometimes sometimes sometimes. We all have them.

Such a sometime recently, I shared a link to ECOS Magazine to my my Google+ page. Everybody reading me regularly would know I post about the environment. Among several interesting articles in this month's issue, was the one discussing the situation of the GreyHeaded Flying Fox making its camps in Melbourne (Australia), for the simple reason that the increasing number of street trees supply a dependable year-round food source. The article is about encouraging the provision, through parks and greenbelts, of animal habitat in cities and built environments.

An uplifting positive magazine about the environment. I enjoy it. I thought to widen its readership a bit?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongrel: Callum's Passing

Mongrel: When 1 + 1 + 1 = 2

The Half Shaman in Space: Waking Again