My Life as an Owl Nestbox Procuror

I've been reading the Queensland Writers Centre Magazine about getting distracted. How to stop yourself not writing 3000 words by the end of the day. Of course, reading about getting distracted is allowing yourself to get distracted about getting distracted.

I had the latest draft of my novel Monster-Moored 80% done when I was asked to help with the Nest-boxes for Owls project, a crowdfunding campaign on the new Pozible platform, their new partnership with NSWLandcare.
Owl Nest-box

How could I refuse? We were one of 15 such projects in Australia, to be launched on the Landcare Anniversary day, in Melbourne ... always considering if we can get it together by then.

This was about a month ago. I learned about owls for the first week, sourced owl images. I just knew  that was going to be the hardest part. Ha ha.

I studied up on the Pozible requirements for the second week. Sourced Owl images. Still the hardest part.

Then started learning how to make the recommended 2 minute video. The hardest part.

It was meant to be 2 minutes long and it is not.

iMovie was meant to be intuitive and it was not. I had some lessons, thank you LR.

Spent all week on it and then some.  It was meant, to my ideas, to have owls hooting but it has not. Owls do more hissing than hooting and the calls are difficult to insert in the clips.

Now I am typing in the dark, practically. My movie must be uploaded onto Youtube before it can be embedded into my campaign on the Pozible site. Easy lemon squeazy, says Youtube.

First I had to discover that I have a channel courtesy of +Google and didn't need to sign in or dig up my little used password. So, the uploading is in process. A draft has been saved. Processing is taking forever. Is there something wrong with its format?

The platform tells me that: Your video has been queued and will be processed as soon as possible, And it says keep the page alive.

You mean I can't walk away and find a jumper and cook my dinner?

The deadline approaches!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongrel: Callum's Passing

Mongrel: When 1 + 1 + 1 = 2

The Half Shaman in Space: Waking Again